LIFT and CABLE CAR PROJECTS - N. AMERICA /
- New York City Economic Development Corp (2018) - Sub-contract with
NYCEDC for a high capacity aerial gondola (6,000 pphpd) to cross over the NYC harbor and ferry terminal docks to connect Lower Manhattan with Governors Island to function as a transit system and
tourism attraction. Peer review of site orientation, engineering, specifications, project schedules and cost estimates. Study contractor / partner - AECOM Engineering. 1.0 mile length / 2
- State of New York (OGS); Syracuse, NY (2017) - Contract for the
feasibility study, design and engineering for the new transportation gondola crossing over Interstate 690 and linking the NY State Fairgrounds with the Onondaga County Amphitheater. The gondola will
serve as a people mover between the two venues and parking, and also serve as a year-round tourism attraction, providing panoramic views of Lake Onondaga, to stimulate economic development
in the Mid State NY region. The aerial cableway is being designed by Eco-Transit in 2017 to 2018. Study partner - MJ Engineering. 0.7 mile length / 2 stations.
- Miami-Dade County (MPO); Miami, FL (2016) - Contract for urban
gondolas with design and feasibility study; engineering, route alignments, and cost analysis for Aerial Cable Transit (ACT) commissioned by the Metropolitan Planning Organization. Systems to
interconnect with Metrorail / Metromover at transit centers including FIU, Marlins Stadium, Miami International Airport, the Health District, Downtown, Port of Miami and Miami Beach; three water
crossings over Biscayne Bay, Intracoastal Waterway and Miami River; four interstate highway crossings; eight route alternatives. Study partner - Jacobs Engineering. 0.7 to 3.2 mile lengths / multiple
- University of Michigan / City of Ann Arbor, MI (2016) - Technical Feasibility Study on a cooperative basis
between the City and the University working with the Ann Arbor Downtown Development Association for a proposed transit and attraction gondola with 5 stops connecting the two University of
Michigan campuses, the UM Hospital and Ann Arbor business district, with a spur to the railway station. Length 1.5 miles / 5 stations.
- Regional Transportation District (RTD); Denver, CO (2015) - Conceptual studies, route alternatives and cost
analysis for design of multiple Aerial Cable Transit gondola routes to serve as public transit connectors between downtown and the City's sports venues - Mile High Stadium, Pepsi Center, and Coors
Field; also connecting selected downtown light rail stations and intermodal transit centers with "first mile / last mile" connectors; and preparation of data for RTD presentation to the City of
Denver; 1 water crossing over the South Platte River and over Interstate 25; study partner - Triunity Engineering. Various lengths / multiple stations.
- Deya Industrial Group; San Juan, Puerto Rico (2015) – Contract for feasibility study, design
engineering, project drawings, line profiles, tower and terminal locations, specifications and RFP preparation for transit gondola to connect the Bahia Urbana proposed redevelopment area along the
Malecon to the Old Town tourism zone connecting the cruise ship docks; 0.8 mi / 3 stations. Study partners - Doppelmayr and Leitner-Poma.
- University of Colorado; Boulder CO (2014) – Technical feasibility study contract, route mapping and cost
analysis commissioned by the Chancellor's Office of Research for an urban gondola project connecting the Main Campus, Engineering Complex and East Research Campus. Transporting students, faculty and
staff and supplementing bus service along the Colorado Ave transit corridor. Emphasis on "green transit" design via an exclusive aerial right of way, removing autos and surface transit from the
campus and access roadways; emissions reduction; 2 route alternatives; 1.3 mi length / 3 stations.
- N.J. Reinvestment Development Authority (CRDA); Atlantic City, NJ – Full technical and economic feasibility
study contract, architectural schematics, line profiles, station and tower design for a 3,000 pphpd ACT gondola system to connect the South Jersey Transit Authority rail station, the AC Convention
Center, a proposed big box mall, the Caesars Palace resort complex, the Boardwalk and Atlantic City Pier attractions; project involves a 1/4 mile water crossing above the Atlantic Ocean to connect
the end of Pier to the mainland; 2 route alternatives. Study partner - SOSH Architects .8 to 1 mi / 4 stations.
- Celebrate Virginia; Fredericksburg, VA – Aerial Cable Transit feasibility study contract with Silverco, in
partnership with the City and County; including station area design and development (SADD); tall tower and river crossing engineering; town hall presentations; obtained Division of Wildlife permit
for the project to span the Rappahannock River with a gondola to connect the Celebrate South hotel and entertainment district to the Celebrate North mixed use development area; gondola also
links two golf courses and a civil war historical site and environmental center; 1.8 mi / 3 stations.
- U.S. Department of Defense (DOD); Washington, DC – Technical study commissioned by Department of the Navy
for design review and evaluation for the deployment of industrial cableways to resupply warships underway with fuel, munitions and supplies (UNREP Program); variable lengths / multiple
- Tahoe Regional Planning Agency (TRPA); Stateline, NV – Feasibility study, engineering and cost analysis
commissioned by TRPA for an ACT gondola people mover for the Bi-state Commission of California / Nevada; Highway 50 transportation corridor project to supplement existing bus service and move
passengers between Nevada casino / hotels and California hotels, marinas, shopping and recreation sites; 3.0 mi / 5 stations.
- Wasatch Front Range Council (MPO); Salt Lake City, UT - Multi-modal feasibility study commissioned by the
WFRC Metropolitan Planning Organization to connect the Ogden Intermodal Center with downtown. Evaluation of light rail, streetcar, BRT and aerial cable transit as possible modes. Prepared the ACT
technology and alignment analysis portion of the study with profiles, route alternatives and station locations. Study partner - Michael Baker Engineering. 2.2 mi / 3 stations.
- MART World Fair, New Orleans, LA - Project management for Poma of America for the supply, installation and
certification of the Worlds Fair monocable 6 passenger gondola crossing over the Mississippi River with a free span of 3,000 feet from bank to bank. Provided coordination with outside
contractors and consultants and provided customer facility tours. Project under Poma - Length 0.8 mi / 2 stations.
- Fort Lewis College / City of Durango: Colorado - The University and the City teamed for this technical
feasibility study for a pulsed gondola to link the main Campus and student housing with the central business district. The City will realize an economic benefit from providing more convenient transit
service for students and faculty to downtown merchants; gondola revenues from tourists are projected to cover all annual operating and maintenance costs of the aerial transit system; 0.7 mi length /
- University of New Mexico; Albuquerque,NM - Technical study, line profiles and ridership projections
for the University's Department of Astrophysics to determine route alternatives and specifications for an aerial gondola system to access the proposed mesa-top advanced telescopic observatory,
interpretive center and astronomy museum. Project located in Grants, NM; lengths 0.8 to 1.3 mi / 2 to 3 stations; study partner Poma of America.
- Miami-Dade County (MPO); Miami, FL – Feasibility study contract with cost analysis and evaluation criteria
commissioned by the Citizens Independent Transit Trust (CITT) and the MPO for an urban gondola connector inclusive in the study with BRT, light rail and elevated guideway people mover modes. Linking
the 27th Ave Metrorail station, the Coconut Grove village core and the Convention Center along alternative right of way transit corridors; comparison of design of project transit modes. Study partner
Reynolds, Smith, Hills Engineering. 2.6 mi / 3 to 4 stations.
- Broward County (MPO); Ft Lauderdale, FL - Intermodal station area design and development (SADD) study
commissioned by the Metropolitan Planning Organization for the main airport light rail station of the proposed automated people mover (APM) between the cruise ship port, Port Everglades, and
the FLL airport; studied the movement of passengers between facilities and stations; study partner - Parsons Brinkerhoff. Length 2.5 mi / 2 stations.
- Weber State University, Ogden, UT - Preliminary Technical Feasibility Study to link the University main campus
with an interconnected transit gondola to the proposed aerial cableway transit system by the City of Ogden; the two systems would provide service from the Utah multimodal light rail station to
several mid line stops in Ogden with the end stop at Weber State. Length 4.1 mi / 4 stations.
- Citizens Transit Alliance (CTA); Denver, CO – Team member for technical and economic study for a
dual-purpose, transit and tourism aerial cableway for a planning workshop project within the Citizens Academy program. Designing a proposed 12 passenger gondola as a people mover and attraction to
provide end to end, express service above the 16th Street Mall to supplement or replace the existing free mall shuttle buses; linkage with Fastracks light rail. Study partner - Triunity
Engineering. 1.4 mi / 3 to 4 stations.
- Ghost Town Park; Asheville, NC – Contract for the design, engineering, manufacturing, project management,
construction and certification for the rebuilding of an existing aerial cableway chairlift and a dual, incline funicular system with four 40 passenger vehicles, linking remote parking lots to the
mountain top Theme Park and attractions; successfuly consulted for both of the re-engineered and rebuilt systems; 1.2 mi / 2 stations.Chairlift completed; incline funicular 70%
- Orange County; Orlando, FL – Technical feasibility study contract for Intrawest Placemaking with
engineering, profile and perofrmance specifications for the partners Orange County and Intrawest Corp for a gondola people mover connector system crossing over the highway between a new
residential and commercial mixed use development and the Westin Hotel connecting to the Orlando Convention Center; 0.4 mi / 2 stations.
- Angel Fire Resort; New
Mexico – Contract for the supply, project management, construction and certification of a new Leitner detachable grip (gondola technology) quad chairlift at 2,800 pphpd capacity to
open up an expansion area under the US Forest Service special use permit; length 1.4 mi / 2 stations - turnkey project under Leitner Lifts USA.
- Jay Peak Resort; Jay, VT -
Contract for the re-engineering and re-fitting of a 120 passenger Von Roll jig-back aerial tramway and the management, construction and design certification of a new Leitner detachable grip quad
chairlift to replace an older chairlift; 1.2 mi and 1-5 mi / 4 stations - project under Leitner Lifts USA.
- Granby Ranch Resort, Colorado - Contract for the supply, project management, construction, and certification of
a Leitner detachable quad chairlift (2,800 pph capacity) and fixed grip chairlift (1,800 pph capacity) for new ownership of the ski area. The two lifts enabled the expansion plan under the USFS
permit. Lengths 0.9 and 0.8 mi / 4 stations - project under Leitner Lifts USA.
- Mount Roberts Tramway, Juneau,
AK - Mount Roberts Tramway, Juneau, AK – Project management services for Heiser Development under contractor Poma of America for the planning / construction of a 75 passenger
jig-back aerial tramway at 1,000 pph capacity, connecting the Juneau cruise ship port to mountaintop tourist facilities and interpretive center; 0.7 mi / 2 stations.
- Mountain Village Metro District; Telluride, CO –
Conducted survey of operating, maintenance and evacuation procedures for the MV gondola for inclusion in ECO's nationwide studies. Compiled data for the gondola's O&M staffing, hours / costs;
also the system's capital funding and Federal grant programs – interviewed operations and maintenance managers and compiled summary reports; 3 sections / 2.9 mi / 5 stations.
- City of Ogden; Ogden,
UT – Feasibility and transit oriented development (TOD) study commissioned by the City Planning Department for an ACT aerial cable gondola to connect Weber State University, the
proposed downtown redevelopment area, and the new Ogden Intermodal Rail and Transit Center; 4 mi length / 4 stations.
- Miami Chamber of Commerce; Miami, FL – Technical and economic feasibility study for the proposed
Bay-Link transit system. An ACT gondola, crossing over Biscayne Bay and connecting Watson Island with the Miami Metro-mover station at Museum Park and Bayside; continuing service along the Macarthur
Causeway, crossing over the intracoastal Waterway to Miami Beach and the Convention Center; 3.5 mi / 5 stations.
- Miami-Dade Aviation Board; Miami, FL – Concept proposal for a 3-S dual gondola or funitel tramway
system for the MIC-MIA people mover running between the Miami International Airport and the rental car / Intermodal Center and the main passenger terminals’ entry area and parking garages; 1.3 mi / 2
- U.S Department of Defense (DOD); Anchorage, AK – Request for modification proposals commissioned by
the U.S.Air Force for existing aerial cableways at facilities to move materials and personnel from NORAD radar base stations to the mountaintop radome facilities as part of the U.S. Department of
Defense early warning missile detection system; variable lengths / 2 stations each; study under Poma of America.
- Sandestin Resort, Fort Walton, FL - Planning and management of residential and commercial development projects for the expansion
phase of Sandestin Resort; coordinated engineering, architectural and construction teams under contract for Intrawest Corp for condo, hotel and marina development projects. Attended
stakeholder meetings and secured project permits and development orders from Fort Walton County.
- Mount Shasta Park, Redding, CA - Turnkey contract for the permitting, project management, construction,
commissioning and certification of one surface lift and two aerial ropeway chairlifts as phase 1 of the ski resort development plan; 0.7 to 1.1 mi / 4 stations - project under Poma of
- Crosslink Development, Niagara, Canada – Contract for feasibility study for developer of the "Crosslink Bridge"
mixed-use and entertainment development project to link the Amtrak railroad station, downtown main street, water park hotel, and Niagara Falls State Park to the National Park and attractions on the
Canada side; 0.9 to 2.8 mi / 4 stations.
- Lake Louise Ski Resort, Banff, Canada - Project management for the conversion of a high speed detachable
chairlift to a gondola system. Replacement of all chairs and associated electro-mechanical equipment with re-designed gondola cabins and associated acceleration / deceleration mechanisms.
Supervision of the commissioning and acceptance test procedures to put the gondola into public operation. Length 1.6 miles / 2
- Universidad de Guadalajara, Mexico- "Baranca Canyon" - Technical feasibility study for the Municipality and the
University to analyze a Teleferico gondola system to cross over a river and canyon to access undeveloped land to expand the main University campus and develop a new east-side campus; length 3.5 km /
- Municipality of San Juan, Puerto Rico – “Desde de Aire”,”Luis Marin”, “Moisty” – Consulting services for
Deya Corp. for three feasibility studies to re-engineer / rebuild a CTEC chairlift and Doppelmayr gondola in municipal parks; also developed specifications and RFP for a proposed 10 passenger
Teleferico in San Juan; 0.6 to 1 mi / multiple stations.
- Municipality of Aguadilla; Puerto Rico - Study contract for route alignments, ACT system types and
selection, specifications and cost estimates for an aerial cableway to connect a newly developed sports stadium and waterpark complex to the downtown business core, with an ocean crossing extension
above the harbor to provide access to the regional beach park; 2.8 miles with 4 stations.
- Noboribetsu Resort, Hokkaido, Japan - Preliminary master plan for hot springs retreat hotels and resort area
featuring a nearby Bear Park; worked with area hotel association to connect several hot spring hotel properties with the Bear Park and parking facilities with an aerial gondola transportation system;
site analysis, route alternatives and cost estimates. Study partner - SBW Development; lengths 3.2 to 5.3 km / multiple stations.
- Municipal de Zapopan, Mexico – “Primavera” project - Sub-contract with Estudio 314 Architecture for
inspection of alternative routes and equipment specifications for a transportation Teleferico to link the Zapopan downtown commercial district with the sports stadium and new public recreation areas;
2.8 mi / 4 stations.
- Municipal de Puerto Vallarta – P.V. Mexico - “Parque de Agua Azul” – Feasibility study commissioned by
City government for construction of an aerial cable transit Teleferico from the City Malecon to the proposed Bluewater Ecological Park to be developed by the Municipality for tourism, research and
conservation; 2.5 mi / 3 stations.
- Zoologico de Vallarta; PV, Mexico – “Rainforest Tram” – Contract with the P. V. Municipal Zoo for an
engineering design study with profiles / drawings for a rainforest aerial Teleferico attraction to increase visitors to the Zoo by connecting the Park to a mountain-top restaurant and nature center;
0.5 mi / 3 stations.
- Autoridad del Canal de Panama; Panama City – “Cerra Ancon” project - Represented the Canal Authority to evaluate the construction of an aerial Teleferico to connect
the western cruise ship port with the former U.S. military headquarters on Cerra Ancon and develop an ecological park for tourism development. Services: land survey, mapping, specifications, cost
analysis, preliminary drawings. Route – 2.9 km length with 3 stations.
- Golder Geotechnical; Malawi, Africa – “Chambre Basin” project – Subcontract with Golder
Corp for technical and environmental study for replacement of a logging tram with a new industrial aerial cableway to haul rare earth elements ore from mining operation to the trucking terminus.
Services: mapping, design, environmental survey,specifications, drawings, cost estimates. Route – 3.6 km length with 3 stations.
- ENEL Power Corp; Aviolo, Italy – “Teleferica Aviolo” project – Contract for re-engineering
and re-certification of major modifications to jig-back industrial cableway with one carrier at 5 tons payload and one carrier at 10 tons payload; tramway moves equipment for the construction of the
Edolo hydroelectric dam. Services: review of drawings, new drawing package, engineering, project management, certification. Route - 1.5 km with 2 stations.
- Savona-Cairo Corp; Savona, Italy - Engineering contract for the modification and re-certification of a detachable grip
industrial cableway with capacity of 1,800 Tons of ore, connecting the mine with the harbor and storage facilities. Services: modification drawings, permits, project management, procurement
supervision, commissioning and certification. Route - 17.3 km with 10 stations.
- SBW Development Corporation; Seoul, Korea – “Muju Resort” project – Represented the owner for the design engineering and construction of
16 quad chairlifts and an eight passenger gondola in Tokusan National Park over a 4 year period. Constructed Doppelmayr, Poma and Nippon Cable ropeway products. Services: project management,
engineering, drawings, specifications, RFP documents, bid review, contract documents, construction management, certification. Route - 0.5 km to 3.0 km with multiple stations.